Mia's ANZAC Day Learning



Mia started ANZAC day with mummy trying to explained what has happen and why NZ and Australia celebrate ANZAC. She watched a Youtube video for kids about ANZAC. We talked about the WWI. She was very interested and asking lots of questions -why countries were fighting, who won, what happens to the soldiers and many many, more, some very difficult for mummy to come up with answers for.
We made some crafts and pictures with lots of poppies and of course we had to bake some ANZAC cookies. We also had some fitness time and did some kids HIIT exercises with the whole family involved. Check out one of the pictures for the type of exercises and try do it with your bubble buddies.

Noho ora mai

Mia and Dani










Comments

  1. Good Morning Mia! It looks like you had a fantastic long weekend learning all about ANZAC day and you even did some baking! I also did some baking of ANZAC biscuits at the weekend, I really enjoyed it. I really like the 7 minute HIIT workout for kids that you have shared, I am sure that lots of children in Toroa are going to give that a go. It looks like great fun! What was your favourite exercise to do?
    Mrs Horner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia you have been a very busy girl over the weekend. I especially love your Anzac biscuits I’m sure they are yummy. What else do you think you might bake? From Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Mia. Wow, I love all these awesome activities that you been doing. Good on you for asking questions! By asking questions it helps our learning, keep it up. I enjoy ANZAC day too, it's always been something that my family have participated in. Maybe when we are all back at school you could share some of your baking recipes with the rest of Toroa because your baking with your family looks so AMAZING!

    Which HIIT exercises are your favourite? I like to do HIIT exercises too, they make me feel good afterwards. Thank you for sharing all of your fantastic learning and thinking with your Toroa friends. From Miss Muriel :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment