Ananiya's home learning





Kia ora to all the lovely Toroa Teachers,

Ananiya has really rejoiced this quality time she gets to spend at home with Mum and Dad and her younger sister. 

She has grasped a huge interest in learning new words and trying to read independently.  Today we did a word count of 41 words that she correctly identified- she was such a proud little beaver and I must say I was even prouder! (Picture attached)

We have been also doing maths together as a family where she enjoys adding and subtracting (pic attached). I have been doing studyladder with her for maths (what a great tool). We have also enjoyed lots of books and baking together. Sisters have also enjoyed a restaurant dining experience at home  (picture attached) and lots of arts and crafts together!

Ananiya is really fond of the solar system and has a fascination with our planet earth! As a project we painted a cardboard, cut out and coloured planets; and made our very own solar system! This is currently on display in our hallway. 

To all the teachers, thank you for all your continued online material and support. We have going through the website alot and getting lots of inspiration from teachers and other parents alike!

Take care all,
Sumi (Ananiya's mum)



Comments

  1. Hi Ananiya, Mrs Horner here. It looks like you are having a fantastic time with your family and are doing lots of amazing learning activities at home. You must be so proud of yourself with 41 words, that is amazing and I know all of the teachers including myself are very proud of you! I really like your solar system display, it has lots of lovely colours in it! How long did it take you to complete? I might try and do something like this myself. Have a good afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs Hefferman. Mum and Dad made homemade burger buns, chicken and coleslaw. My sister and I decorated our dining table

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mrs Horner. This took me a few hours to do.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ananiya and family! Wow, I am very impressed with all the great learning you are doing at home too. It looks like you are having lots of fun with your sister which is pretty cool. Your solar system creation is amazing, I like how you have labelled all the planets. Maybe you could share it with us and tell us some facts about the solar system when we are back at school? Keep up the awesome work. From Mrs Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Ananiya and family. Lovely to see that you are having so much fun with your learning and keeping busy at home. Your family dinner table looks amazing! Did your mum and dad cook something delicious for your meal that day? Looking forward to seeing more of your learning soon. From Mrs Hefferman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ananiya, Miss Muriel here. Wow I am loving your learning. Thank you for sharing it with us. I like learning about the solar system too, there's a really cool song on YouTube that I like to listen to about the solar system, maybe you can go check it out with Mum and Dad one day? What a good big sister sharing and hanging out with your little sister. Keep up the good work, we are so proud of all the work you are doing.

    Which is your favourite subject: Math, reading or writing? and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morena Miss Muriel. Thank you for that, my favourite subject is reading because I like to read stories.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ananiya.
    I love the planets too What a wonderful picture. I have sent a link of a virtual tour of the Solar system. I hope you enjoy it. I like Neptune because it looks like the sea.
    What is your favourite planet?


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnOTprOTHc8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Lunan. In Ananiya's words: "earth is my favourite planet because we have water."

      Delete
  6. Hi Ananiya, I love to see you learning in so many ways while you have been at home.
    Thank you for sharing so many wonderful ideas that our other Toroa friends might like to try.
    I am very impressed with the way you have set the table ... beautiful. It makes dinner a special occasion when the table is set nicely! It is great to have a whiteboard to use at home, just like at school. What has been your favourite activity to do at home? From Robbie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment